Sinister: finally, things to do

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:17:26 GMT 2000

ello my leeetle choooms

hurrah and huzzah, my first exciting week of the year beckons.  So far it's
been, go to work, come home, sit on couch, watch telly, go to bed, get up,
go to work etc, but this week there are GIGS, PAR-TAYS, EXCITING TRIPS TO
LUN-DING and most importantly PAY DAY.

I am going to see elastica on thursday, and it will be my FIRST GIG OF THE
YELL!ENNIUM, oh apart from seeing my mates bands on wednesday.  Sigh, there
are NO GIGS in Cheltenham any more, might have to move to Oxford.

In amazing circularity i notice that mistopher chris is being referred to as
chris lynyrd, as in lynryd skynryd (sp?, I know there's no vowels), AND,
AND, L S took their name from THEIR P.E. TEACHER.  Circles within circles,
wheels within wheels etc.

I am looking forwarded to saying hello to everyone at the pocaff on friday
nite.  Mrs Carsmile is coming too.

On a similarly mr trousers related note, when listening to "you're just a
baby girl" i find myself singing "I won't be there, juicy, you go off your
head" and thinking of ms. alder.  Just me then, OK. (not that lucy's off her
head or anything).

Anyone who is interested in kids programmes of our youth should take a trip
to http://www.sausagenet.co.uk which has like a zillion links to lots of
very very sad sites about button moon etc and lots of theme tunes to
download.  There, that should keep them happy for a while.

I'm sure there's a sociology thesis in why we are compelled to discuss kids
programmes (I seem to have been having the conversation on and off since I
left home and came to college).  I think it's got something to do the only
shared memories coming from the TV, especially when you move away and meet a
whole new bunch of people (although there's always one person who's
favourite programme no one else has heard of cos it  was only on BBC
Rutland).  Anyway, I've got a new favourite pub nostalgia conversation "The
Computers We Owned As Children", which i don't think needs any
elaboration....(please)

xoxo

CarsmileSteve