Sinister: cheese - the one for me!

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 25 00:27:25 GMT 2000

can't remember if i've used that subject line before, but i know
you'll forgive me.

  today i have read a big pile of posts and am prepared to comment,
although don't expect me to remember who any of them were written by,
so i'm apologising in advance for the lack of acknowledgments.

  oooh! the violent femmes! yum! i have yet to meet anyone in britain
who will confess to liking them. the very mention takes me back to a
school exchange to a small town in virginia, where blister in the sun
blasted from the car stereo, parked on a high school sports field, as
we got drunk on nasty american beer and threw the empty cans at the
wall. oooh, how dangerous we were!!
  and add it up is fantastic in a filthy sort of way (one of the best
ways to be fantastic i always think)

 what else, oh yes, my childhood computer reminiscences are of an old
bbc b computer which my parents bought when i was about three,
thinking that it would help me get ahead in my schooling. and indeed
it seemed that the only games it was possible to buy for said machine
were 'educational' although still rather addictive. however, i still
never learnt my times tables after all its best efforts, and look at
me now - a maths student!!! (well half of one anyway)

  brandt (look i remembered) said
>It's interesting not being smitten with anyone.  I may have to try
>this for a while.
   isn't it just, my new weeks resolution a while ago was to remain
resolutely single until i found someone fabulous enough to merit the
honour of going out with me, but the novelty is starting to wear off,
and i'm contemplating going back to being a filthy slapper again.
  this feels like a good time to remind you all to cast your list
crush votes in this direction
     mbbx9ff2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk
that address again   mbbx9ff2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk

 gratuitous i know, but who ever said there was anything wrong with
shameless self promotion? now if i don't have any messages from miss
crush in my inbox next time i look there are going to be some
sinistereenies with very sore bottoms. threat or promise? - you
decide.

  all the talk of kate rusby made me think of my younger days when my
parents used to drag me and my brother to folk festivals and we would
eat tea and cake at mrs rusby's kitchen, the makeshift cafe run by
kate's mum and dad for the duration of i think it was sidmouth
festival. that sort of thing seems to make you immune to the music,
i think i still suffer from the teenage aversion to parental
approval. and also my mum, when she was in her youth, went out with
martin carthy (dad of eliza) and so somehow i can't listen to any of
that family's tunes either.

  and finally, whoever complimented me on my spelling, you can't
understand how grate that was to read, spelling (and i'm being
serious now) has always been something i take pride in. i know some
people can't help being unable to spell, but it's sooooo infuriating
when you see people, particularly in positions of power making
glaring mistakes. yes i was just as sad in primary school as i am
know, i learnt all my spelling roolz.

an altogether better post than my offerings of late, dontcha think,
love and chocolate covered snacks,
                                          fiona
                                            - smiling, beguiling