Sinister: the computers we owned as children.

adam apparatus aconover at xxx.net
Mon Jan 24 16:39:54 GMT 2000

>  Anyway, I've got a new favourite pub nostalgia conversation "The
> Computers We Owned As Children", which i don't think needs any
> elaboration....(please)

actually... i think it does.

i had an atari 800XL that my grandfather found in a dumpster and gave
to me. i played the regular cartridge games on it, of course, like
pacman, donkey kong... (and even better ones like... well, i won't
get into it.) but my -real- playground was the basic command line...
you could just type in programs and run them as soon as you started
up the computer... i spent hours on that thing when i was less than
10 years old... wow, that was a great computer.

your turn, dears.

- adam

aconover at optonline.net
Tempus Fugit is at: