Sinister: you twee muskateers

Denise Power dee at xxx.ie
Tue Jan 25 19:38:25 GMT 2000

Greetings!
Can you be too twee ? Without meaning to offend, and we know that those
twee-er than thou can be so very very sensitive to criticism despite its'
delicately put fashion, but really...I've had it up to here with
twee. (gestures towards nose, then reconsiders and grapples over head for
a while in a silly fashion)
 Does that mean my time on the list has come
to an end ?
Maybe I'm just over exposed to it at the moment, because all anybody here
ever complains about is how nobody else likes or has heard of our scottish
troubadours. See, everyone I know has heard of them and only a select few
think they are crap.
I was on an SD1 training course and even the trainers were commenting on
how things like "teamwork" and "first response books" and "AV
equipment" are twee.
Its cute for a while but do you have to be twee to like them? Obviously
not, or at least not permanently and I know when they played Dublin last
night all the cool set were slightly put off by the cutesy masses who
looked like mice.
Just cut it out okay, said mummy crossly.

(Phew, she was only pulling our leg all along.)

Denise Power;BA,Tutor
Dept. of Classics,
K209- Postgrad Room,
John Henry Newman Building,