Sinister: like they're just another meal.

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Wed Jan 26 07:28:57 GMT 2000

sins, the lot of you,

iris keeps talking about her (future) new house and i keep
picturing it and am happy. i used to grab the "new homes"
section of the paper first when i was young (i'm old now,
turned 25 yesterday and am on the beginnings of a bender it
seems, though i managed to make it to work, still
alcohol-fueled. yar.) floor plans always did fascinate me.
so easy to knock down walls on a picture. and that ensuite
bathroom, oh yeah... Maybe this is a product of growing up
in duplexes and townhouses... living on newsprint. the
saturday paper was always the best for this. fuck the
comics page, i want some *real* fantasy in my life, ooh,
check out the 3 bdrm w/ family room on F-4...

and things change. it's all brick-front suburban crap now.
boring boring boring. sorely lacking in robots and
robot-related kitchen appliances.

entering the first computer thingy: we had an ADAM
coleco-vision "computer" with tape drives. i hated it. i
cursed it. i was the only one in the house who could use
it. glorified word processor. and this was in '88. someone
gave it to us when they upgraded to a 386 or something. i
mastered Zaxxon in an effort to work out my frustrations.

hey robyn, nerd-girl!  yeah.  ha ha, you answered!

a friend who is now working at my workplace is amazed at my
tech skills. she thinks i'm some kind of info-tech wizard.
it's not true, it's only b/c she knew me when i used to cry
in the computer lab. that should be a song.

and yes, yes, yes, my god, yes: when genevieve wrote:
> it's not like Struan's pushed me into the wall and has
got both my arms pinned above my head,with only one of his
hands,whispering menacingly "You..will..buy..it" and I'm
going "Bite me,jeepster skank!" But he's just sooo strong..
oh yeah.<
I mean, Struan or not, i had to grip the mouse tightly,
which made me think of my wrists, and he's just sooo
strong...
I think such things should be repeated.
maybe i'll make this my new sig. or maybe i should get back
to reading. soon enough i will be quoting 'who want's to be
a millionaire'. oh... my. this show is like drinking too
much too fast: it's fun for a while and then you just wish
you never started or stopped early on. some guy last week
lost at the first question. and i had to turn off the tv.
it was a moment. i haven't gone back. still, if regis wore
monochrome spring colours. shiny pink ties.

also, the word 'skank' is good. as is 'skankwear'.
skankity, skank, skank, skank. there are jeans called
'shank' advertised on bus shelters. i just laugh. there
aren't enough paint-pens in the world...

love. it.
Robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC