Sinister: Steve Jackson on the new Oasis album

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Wed Jan 26 11:50:42 GMT 2000

I just opened up my brand new NME to find Steve J. waxing lyrical about
Standing On the Shoulder of Giants.
He said
"I like it"
"The new songs are OK"
"the whole album seems to have an obsession with 1968 or '69"
"I was lead to believe that Liam's song was really twee and horrible- even
worse than some people imagined B+S to be- but I thought his vocal
transcended that."

he also said other stuff but I don't have the time to type it all out.

Peter Ainsworth MP said "it conjures a world of joss sticks, cheesecloth,
patchouli and a kind of unspecific resentment" which I found rather funny

Paul