Sinister: Shake hands, Genocide

Mr Smiley smiley.rebelmonkey at xxx.net
Tue Jan 25 14:06:41 GMT 2000

Bonjour,

    Sorry if I offended to people of Sheffield in my last post. I'm sure
many of you are in fact lovely. But then again, if you have a monstrous
hangover and some git like me calls you at 9:30 in the morning to ask if
you've had the Sheff. Gazette/Journal delivered, you might turn ugly. People
often sound really excited when they answer the phone, as if they're
expecting a call from the secret lover. I've been making a hobby of
predicting the moment the crushing disappointment hits them. "Oh...", they
say.
    I think the boxed set is a truly fab idea, because I'm a relatively new
fan of a band called B&S and I need some more songs to sate my cravings, and
I've only got the albums. None of the shops in my personal hell (known as
Worksop) stock...well singles of any description actually, except chart
ones. Which are shit. Unless they're by the Manics. Box sets are shameless
cash ins, but most things are, it's just a matter of convenience for me. Be
nice and easy to get one nice big box from HMV, rather than scrabbling
through piles of (unsorted) records in some dingy independent store. I hope
nobody's going to think the less of me now.
    By the way, I should point out that I really love indie records stores,
especially dingy ones. HMV is too clean for my liking, but I arrive in
Sheffield on a Saturday at 9:50, and work starts at 10, so scrabbling around
looking for singles is not an option.
    I've just realised, I really don't know what I'm talking about.
    I agree with Mr. Gilmer about beauty. I don't know any ugly people. At
first I thought a few in my 6th form were, shall we say, aesthetically
challenged, but now I know them (or her rather) I know she's a really lovely
person. If you don't know what I'm talking about there's a quote bit beneath
these words:

>Look, there are very, and I mean very few ugly people in the world.
>I really believe that and not just spouting twee boy rubbish. Some people
>are more glamorous than others, and that's something different.

    I've been behind with my sinisters. Been away you see, I'm reading
through my 13 digests now, and I'm on the second and I've wrote this much in
response to it. So I'll stop here.

Au Revoir,

Mr "I only know two French phrases really" Smiley