Sinister: Little baby luck

Erica MacArthur erica.macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Jan 27 21:14:07 GMT 2000

My Cardi-wearing lovely ones,

> Incidentally, has anyone ever noticed the similarities between Hans
> Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" (the high apex of fairy-taledom if
> you ask me, though I wouldn't read it to young children), and C.S. Lewis's
> "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" (also a favorite).

I played the snow queen in a play once. It was quite good, I got to wear a
big white dress with a circulation-stopping bodice and speak like I had
something sharp stuck up my bottom. "Gentlemen, we must join the ladies" was
my big line, I think. The White Witch of Narnia used to have me and my
brother hiding our angelic little faces behind cushions when the television
adaptation was made - it was like Dr WHO all over again.

There was a huge JELLY WRESTLING contest at school yesterday. It was great,
I got sticky jelly all over my white boots. A skinny Maths teacher wrestling
with an overweight Physics teacher in a paddling pool filled up with
Strawberry Jelly - that just doesn't happen every day! By the end of the
contest, one we had one head split open and a broken hamstring. Ouch!

Polite kisses on the cheek for the tender few who have sent me photos for
inclusion in the Sinister Your Slip Is Showing gallery. Everyone else hurry
and get your pics in please - remember, I want photographs of your favourite
clothes/shoes/pants (honey is espcially keen for underwear pics) and the
address to send them to is erica.macarthur at btinternet.com. I fully expect
pictures of Mark's silver shirt, Starry's op-art dress, Ally's red t-shirt,
David Moore's uniform and geoff's pink vouge number by the end of next week.
Say you will!

Oh, and I won't be attending the poetry cafe 'do tommorow night because I'm
going to the local dive to sit in the corner while my friends smooch with
boys who like Muse. A member of Muse once chucked a glass of Red Wine over
my Hannahdoll because she wouldn't snog him! I don't know, these tormented
indie boys, they just can't take no for an answer. Hissyfits ahoy! But good
luck anyway Mistopher Chris.

I shall bid you adieu, as I'm sure Will would like that.

Erica

http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html