Sinister: Pokémon to Hefner, via Isobel and Moomins

Greig Marshall Spiketooth at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 27 22:56:10 GMT 2000

Just a fleeting thought. Does Honey have a secret cheeky reason for
getting a .org rather than a .com?

I am joyous to inform you all that *you* too can do an "é" by holding
down Ctrl-Alt and pressing e. Try it,
it's fun.

>You can learn a lot from 7 year olds Lucy, especially about Pokemon,
which is >bollocks right,
cos in Japan ( and I'm sure someone's gonna prove me wrong >here)they
call it Pocket Monsters,
but over here we give it some sort of noncey >fucking handle like
Pokemon.

I do believe they are called "Pokémon" here so as to not confuse Pocket
Monsters with the "Monster in
my Pocket" toys of the 80s. Monster in my pocket were extremely poor
rubber things, no substitute for
Transformers.

Moomins, the cartoon series was run on Children's BBC a few years ago. I
watched it, I couldn't resist it
but I still don't know why. I too have dreampt of Moomins but only once
and it was a nice dream.

Some psychology dept of a university has concluded we don't dream
enough, and when we do, we forget
our dreams. Strange, when I dream I don't forget if for days.

Enough of this relentless not-nice-ness about Ms. Campbell's prosterior.
You'll make her self-concious,
and when B&S become self-concious, it'll be a very dark day for us all.

I have a nice Monty Python calendar over there. See it? Beside the
scanner? I wonder if anyone in an
earlier time zone has one, so they can tell me what the next day's
picture will be before it's 12 midnight
here. That would be wizard.

Finally, I sent off for a B&S poster and the Looper "Who's afraid of
Y2K" 10". Apparently, the Poster is
50" x 70" and only one pound. It hasn't arrived yet, I suspect the inces
was a writing error, and it's only
50x70cm. Still, that's good.

Hefner are a fine band. May God Protect Your Home is ace. A bit saucy,
the thing he refers to as "home"
in the song, I wish I could sing like Darren.

I was one of the people who helped put a decent band on the number 1
spot. I got the limited edition 10",
mine's number 1027 of about 10 zillion "limited" edition vynil
pressings.

Enough of my pesky whitterings, I felt I had to write.

Greig xx

Oh, and be sure to look at the "SETI Boy" drawing in the "Look what we
did today, Mummy" page. Go
on. I did it, I did.