Sinister: the awful title belies the quality...

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 28 00:08:28 GMT 2000

yuk.yuk.yuk.yuk.yuk.....etc.

i have had exams all week

they were shit

can you tell?

tomorrow, however, i am going to complete my record breaking attempt to miss
the start of all this weeks exams bar one. that is definitely something to
look forward too....i'm pissed off  that i was on time for the second one
now, i could have made a clean sweep!

my dad bought a new remote for the telly last week, we've been without one
since, ooh, september time i think. life without one has been pretty hard,
i've missed teletext sooo badly, especially planet sound (music pages on
ch.4). so i was really excited when i finally found planet sound (it had
moved) only to discover it's in some sort of terminal decline.

now i knew it could never be as good without stephen eastwood - obsessive
b&s fan who wrote wicked reviews , and i'm *sure* was/is on this list - but
can anyone explain this whole 'void sez' thing too me?! it's written by
journalists, can they not spell?!!! and all this arse licking of celebrity
relatives, what's all that about? fran healy's aunty babs can shag struan
for all i care...though mind you she could do everyone a favour and tell her
nephew to sort his fucking hair out! it's a mess my lad, you used to be sooo
cute, and now you're beginning to resemble ade edmondson...

<oops, that was a bit of a rant. my subject line is definitely meant in an
ironic fashion today...>

now chris_t_opher said:

>And something else i found this weekend: www.geekrock.com is part of Che
>Records and to celebrate it's launch, they're giving away a free 18 track
>sampler to anyone*.

>* except those of you who live in Swindon

i am intrigued as an oxford united fan as to why this should be...do che
records just not distribute in swindon, or, far more satisfying, is it just
mindless discrimination and rampant piss taking of those who are stupid
enough to live there, yes you, you moonrakers* by chris?? i have to
know...it's a pathetic football thing

* i do not mean this btw....this is how wars start. but y'know, the mighty
yellows are not looking too mighty at the mo so i need all the laughs i can
get...

erica macarthur had at number 3 in her 'top 5 games to play in a sweetshop'
:

>Hiding under the counter until someone comes right up to it and jump out
on them causing them to drop their things and look silly

now, although i don't work in a sweetshop (i did go for a job in thornton's
once, but i think they were put off by my obsession with the staff
discount...), i have often played this game behind the kiosk in the
supermarket where i spend most of my time. it's GRATE!!! it is in fact so
GRATE it deserves capital letters and bad spelling :-)  the amount of people
you scare shitless...you have to wait till they're peering over and around
the counter, falteringly wondering how they will sustain their
gambling/nicotine/alcohol addiction, without me, the link between product
and consumer, and then, leap! bang in their face! while giving it 'oh you
should have said' in a supremely condescending manner...ahh, the fun....

one that erica missed though, is my favourite: the accent changing. a
different accent for each customer, especially good when all your accents
are appalling...see the confusion! snigger as they can't understand a word
you've said! get caught by your boss mid- welsh accent because it only
confirms what he thought of you in the first place! especially when you're
negotiating a full-time position with more responsibilities! oh the
hilarity....

<i'm sure i was going to be either serious, thought provoking, or witty
today...damn, i never quite manage it>

one last thing:

if you buy the box set, lovely

if you buy the case, lovely

if you don't buy either, lovely

talk, don't talk, it's up 2 you...i watch too many adverts...

nighty night

lots of love

rachel xxx