Sinister: Musicality

Katy MBP99KLC at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 28 10:00:15 GMT 2000

Don't you hate it when you hear songs that are nice enough but
make you think, I'm sure I could do that with a guitar and an hour
or two to spare? What's great is when you hear a song and think, I
could never write this, it's magic. It makes me think music can be
magic when I hear:-

*  little drum intros that mean my favourite song is about to kick in,
   like on the Field Mice "This Love is Not Wrong" or Billy Bragg's
   "Sexuality"

*  the "whoo"s in the background of "Sleep the Clock Around" and
   the "ooh"s in the intro of Pavement's "Silence Kid"

*  songs that are just pure magic through and through, like
   the Pixies' "Debaser"

I think it was Honey that said you should go to every Billy Bragg
gig. This was true.

katy

"So drunk in the August sun
And you're the kind of girl I like
Because you're empty, and I'm empty" - Pavement