Sinister: Snow and film

Joseph Askins jda349 at xxx.edu
Sun Jan 30 06:12:36 GMT 2000

Woke late today and spent a good part of the day looking out the window at all the snow blanketed on the ground.  I had my fun in it the night before and have the snowball-induced bruises to show.  Since then it's been snowing on and off, transforming Columbia (and the rest of mid-Missouri) into a winter wonderland.  I love snow, as long as the space heater is working.

Recieved a package from my parents today.  My dad was sending up a new electric shaver and a coffee mug, and threw in some more new tapes.  He had put some more of his old Gram Parsons and Bob Dylan records on tape, along with a new alt-country compilation.  Also, down at the bottom of the box, sat the (semi) new Clash live CD.  I dunno why I hadn't bought it when it came out, and I dunno how he knew I didn't have it.  Bless that man...

Went to the films with some friends tonight.  A local troupe (guess you could call it that) by the name of Ragtag has been bringing in some great independent films, new and old, over the past few months, and this latest season is proving to be quite exciting.  Last week it was the newly-remastered "Rear Window," and this week it was the Japanese animated film, "Princess Mononoke."  I'm in love.  I want one of those cute white tree spirits.  The film was shown at the Blue Note (the local music venue), and I took my spot up in the surrounding balcony.  Turned out to be the best seat in the house...didn't have to stare over anyone's head.  There were
four girls down in the seats below that kept glancing up at me during the intermissions.  Did I do anything?  Did I make a move?  Sigh...yeah right.  I hiked back home, through snow and ice, all alone.  Such is life.

JDA