Sinister: If you go down Pigeon Street...

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 31 12:31:19 GMT 2000

...these are some of the people you will meet...

It's OK it's not another Children's TV spectacular though they did have
excellent triangular trousers which I unfortunately couldn't find last time
I was in Marks and Sparks. I was just the other day ,though, subjugated to
the strangest form of literary criticism. I was on my way home from a bit of
a pop spectacular at Covent Garden's very own Poetry Café on a London
Underground tubular vehicle when the train unfortunately terminated at
Northfields. Whilst waiting for the next Heathrow train I continued to read
my book, Arthur Koestler's "Arrival and Departure", on the platform when a
pigeon decided it would crap on said book and also splendidly dribble it's
greeny excretion down my jacket. Which was a bit much really. So I shook my
fist angrily at said pigeon and told him a bit harshly to plop off somewhere
else in no uncertain terms. To which he responded that he was doing me a
favour and that as a fictional representation of the failure of idealism in
post-revolutionary power said book served a purpose only historically and
aesthetically and meant little in this new millenium. He emphasised the need
to look forward and not distort the future by focussing too much on the
past. Which I was momentarily confused by, but I think I responded quite
cleverly by saying,

"As Arthur Koestler once said himself "If the creator had a purpose in
equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out." But I'm not
sure he thought the same about pigeon's arses."

Alright so that's not true. Instead I responded with "oh yeah Professor
Pigeon! I'm going to send you my dry cleaning bill." But he got the message.
Anyway the evening had a happy ending as we kind of got on after that and
we're going to form a book club for intellectual vermin and vegans in the
London area. Which is nice.

I'd also like to take this chance to apologise publically to the residents
of Greenwich as some new neighbours are arriving that are likely to lower
your property value and spend most of their time loitering around local
areas of public congregation drinking alcohol and mouthing obsceneties.
Least that's what I like to do most weekends.

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings
(http://www.send.demon.co.uk)

p.s Speaking of ear confection... your not? Well I am, recently I keep
reading about how bands are having the first ever mp3 single, single on the
web and stuff. If I was a pigeon I would plop unmercifully on their
articles. Maybe. Actually if anyone's got any top tunes they want to put on
there give me a shout.

p.p.s. Oh and I think twanging an elastic band against a ruler would be more
pleasing than watching that Elastica band the other night. They were, in my
opinion, most pants.