Sinister: Another band to fall in love with...

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Mon Jan 31 13:53:49 GMT 2000

I don't often do this but I have to make an exception just once..

Go and buy tompaulin's 7" on action records (www.action-records.co.uk)
It's called ballad of the bootboys b/w wedding song.

It is really really special. Obviously influenced by B+S(and they are an 8
or 9 piece apparantly)and very fey and twee.
The Melody Maker are going mad over them and NME's Kitty Empire was on the
phone all last week trying to get an interview.
If the rest of their stuff is like this then they will be amazing. Not as
good as B+S but still amazing.They are playing Manchester roadhouse at the
end of Feb

I fear I sound as if I am raving but it is bloody good

Paul