Sinister: you wouldn't belive in my new belt

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Sat Jul 1 22:36:39 BST 2000

hey list!

woooo!

yeah!

ready?!?

GEOGRAPHY

Pete Ramsdale (did i get that right?) wrote this

> In terms of sheer geography, it rests in
> the back right-hand corner of my living room, somewhere between TBWTAS
> and "Mellow Gold", below my cd single collection, but above the "c" to
> "e" section of the rest of my albums. I think that gives us a fair
> idea of everything, really.

which i thought was great.  maybe if we all talk about where we put our
belle and sebastian records when they aren't being played then the next
magazine to bring sinsiter into its article on our band can mention that the
fans gather in cafes to ask eachother 'where do you put your belle and
sebastian?" and we can have all them journalist fuckers fooled!

WILL I HAVE MY REVENGE?

should i buy the revenge album?  peter hook is on it.  that augers well for
it.

also in revenge:

so friends and i were having a few drinks at my place and listening to some
new records and then we were going to go to a party.  so as we were leaving
this fabulous friend i've known for 6 years and would trust as far as the
sky asks if he could leave his bag at my house, since the party is fairly
near by and its not nice to haul bags around everywhere is it?  so i said
yes, why not....simple enough.  so then.  we go to this party, and its slow
and kind of disappointing.  but they're playing the make up.  which is
thrilling.  so once the make up is no longer enough a group of us decide to
check out this new party night thing called 'stars of track and field' which
was at the rancho relaxo.  but the friend who left the bag at my house
announced his intentions to go home and said that he couldn't deal with life
without his bag. so i gave him the keys to my house and told him that he
could meet me at track and field (which would be on his way home) and give
me the keys.  so it takes all of 11.4 minutes to walk from the party to my
house and then maybe 20 minutes maximum to get to rancho relaxo where i
woudl be.  so there i was at the rancho, where things were lame despite the
auspicious name.  and no sign of my keys.  none.  so i waited for an hour,
lame-ness happened.  and i got mad.
so then i called this friend's cel phone and his parent's house and incase
he was still at my house i called there too....and nothing.  so i walked
back to my house with some friends who were nice enough to accompany me, and
found it locked and such as i had left it.  then one of these nice friends
offered to let me sleep at his place so i accepted and walked off that way.
then.  when we got to his house i called the key and bag friend and he
answered his phone...it was hours later, i had intended to be in bed a few
hours ago, and i was tired and cranky and mad...and he answers, and hes at a
bar, which is near to the rancho....in fact the rancho is on the way to this
bar...and he's been there the whole night since leaving my company.  so he
could have, on his way there dropped off the keys with me...but he didn't.

i mean, i just don't know what to think when someone you've known for years
behaves in such an erratic and foolish way, which is so incredibly out of
character for him too....

grrr.

but on my way home to meet this 'friend' i found this empty bottle of
anti-freeze that some poor unfortunates had been drinking, and since it
looked sort of like a small gas can and was opaque, i came to meet him
waving it around and yelling 'i'm going to set you on fire!' but soon i just
gave up because i was looking silly and all i wanted was my keys and to go
to bed.

HEY! Y'KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY?

everyone keeps talking about the new album as FYHC which looks soo much like
FYC to me which doesn't spell 'fold your child' to me but instead spells
'fine young cannibals' who i think are a fabulous band and should have a
rennaissance coming up soon.  but then its kind of funny, because everyone
is really talking about belle and sebastian, but i keep imagining them
talking about FYC instead.  tee hee.

HOT IRON!

i'm low on iron.  and apperantly soy makes men go dotty.  since i've been
raised on soy milk all  my life i'm no doubt half way to being a complete
wash out.  blech.
and then, burried in a sentence about surrealism from Arantxa Sanz:

>About Fraulein Dagmar Vroom's mum assesment method: can one claim
>automatic writing ?Surrealism is a bit demode,but don't know if enough to
>make a convincing comeback.And I found ironing a much more necessary touch
>on a man too nowadays,very rare occasion is to greet a 20something male
>with no creases and no sarcasm to cover that sign of laziness instead.

yes, surrealism is definitely had its day.  as with people keeping their
genitals inside their clothes i'm into people keeping their subconscious
inside their heads.  why go letting it leak out into ghastly paintings that
people who are very impressed by pink floyd can hang prints of on their
walls? and also ironing.  i spend a good 10-14 minutes ironing pants and
such before i go out to nice things (grocery shopping is not worth ironing
for, which is where my mum and i differ) just to make sure that all the
lines are nice and 'sharp'.  really, i mean, why are so many people so
adverse to ironing?  its not so bad is it.  and then your pants become
fantastic and everyone goes oooh ahhh.  yeah!

ironing and irony are unrelated by the way.

MY NEW BELT

i have this new belt and like it alot.  its electric blue and really thin,
and it sort of looks like a ribon and has this weird very faint red stiching
running along it.  and these quick release clips for easy 'belt-on'
'belt-off' action! yes! now i can be in and out of my pants faster than a
jack rabbit! not that i'm ever out of my pants for very long.

oh, i just realized that trousers and pants are different things in the UK.
well.  too bad for you.  even slacks are pants to us here in north america.
so there.

steve