Sinister: being bitten by a dog, and Nick Drake (again)

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Sat Jul 1 22:44:44 BST 2000

***MY LEG***
On Friday my girlfriend's rotweiller ripped a chuck of flesh out of the back
of my leg. By jingo it hurt. It hurt ike the buggery, and I will be limping
for a while. My fault really ... he came up to see me in the dark as I was
getting out of my car, and I tyripped over him, kinda landed on him with my
arms out and I think he thought I was attacking him. So ... ow. Walking is
not a fun thing right now. Oh no sir ... not at all.

***NICK DRAKE REMASTERS***
A few people mailed me off list last week asking me exactally how different
were the "new" Nick Drake remasters (released last week) comapred to the
Island/Hannibal ones. So, to save mailing back everyone who mailed me, and
because some other listees may care, here goes.

They sound really good. Better, but not so much better that you really need
to buy them if you already own them .........

There. Don't throw your old ones into the fire, but if you don't have any
Nick Drake albums I would advise you to get the new ones, bcause the
packaging is really nice, they have lots of photos, lyrics etc., and sound
great.

I watched 'Hideous Kinky' last night. Pretty mediocre movie, but I got super
excited when they played Nick Drake's "Road" and startted yelling "It's Nick
Drake" over and over again.

Well, that's it for me. I'll hobble over and get my coat. (ow ....ouch ...)

Lawrence Mikkelsen
http://www.akn.quik.co.nz/mikelsen/aboutme