Sinister: Bring me the head of Macy Gray!

M Styer nereusabe at xxx.com
Sun Jul 2 06:06:42 BST 2000

Hello-

This is my second post and I'm writing mainly because it is my birthday.  It
wasn't too hot today, maybe 101. I spent the whole day inside and wasted
time. My father gave me a Q magazine, which I read page to page.  I was very
happy. Speaking now, like this, about a magazine reminds me of those old
stories where children would recieve a cornhusk doll and an orange for their
birthday (and then rejoice!). Since I live so far from Britain Q is a little
over ten dollars. A rare treat.
Yesterday I watched nothing but black and white movies I have been recording
,then storing. The best were Shindler's List and Medea directed by van
trier. Quite good. After awhile all the movies blended with reality. I
listened to Patti Smith's Horses and fell asleep. In the morning I opened my
window (despite the heat) and listened to TBWTAS really loud. Quite a nice
"moment".
I just completed a series of pastel drawings of the "evil twin" off of
FYHCYWLAP. Each in a different color and each more bizaare as the series
continues.  The last few came out so cruel looking I decided to go back to
copying flowers up close. At least they don'tfollow you around the room
(shudder).
My dad gave me a promotional copy from his station of Macy Gray and Travis.
I agree immensly about Macy being bad, from a previous post this week. But I
haven't really listened to it closely.  It sounds sad that I didn't have
Travis yet, but I never got the urge to buy. I guess it is okay. Right now
I'm playing Exile on Main St by the rolling stones and will probably give
Sinister or Fishyclap a listening before retiring. Overall,...I pretty good
birthday.

Farewell
Miles
By the way- my father gave me a comical self-help book called You Are
Worthless. I thought it was quite humorous until it started to depress me.
It was one of those moments where even though you don't smoke you reach for
an immaginary cigarette because it just seems like the right thing to do.Bye