Sinister: everyday is like sunday

ineffable mindmonkey1 at xxx.com
Sun Jul 2 14:45:03 BST 2000

Hello everybody.

i hope you have all had a nice morning in church and returned home safely.

i am working unfortunately so feel a bit grumpy.

have learnt from this mailing list thus far not to mention i) baxendale or
ii) irony.  because i am stupid I am now going to break both of these rules
- another reason why i feel waspy is that i failed to get to the baxendale
gig last night because of life getting in the way.  i was also thinking
about the irony debate (as i stepped over a small vomitting scottish girl
who had appeared in our flat over night) and Magda's passionate, analytical
defence of pre-reflective pleasure - perhaps this should be called
meta-irony?

i bought 'wild strawberries' yesterday which i am quite excited about - a
friend recommended it as apparently woody allen used it as a sort of basis
to 'deconstructing harry'.  i guess it is all very heideggerian - death is
what gives meaning to life.  the new album seems to be remaining pretty high
in the charts when i wandered along oxford street - at the risk of being
prophet of doom , is a fifth album possible/feasible after the success
currently?  is an element of 'selling out' inevitable? Divine Comedy seem to
lose it a bit after promenade and liberation and i would hate to see B+S go
the same way.

Other famous glaswegians - RD Laing - hip anti-psychiatrist of 1960s/70s.

So long.