Sinister: Songs That Really Aren't Belle & Sebastian

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Mon Jul 3 07:17:23 BST 2000

Hello,
	I've sort of felt like posting, but I don't think my life is
very sinister-worthy, and there seems to be little to discuss now
that the album is out. Aha! But someone had some questions I can
answer...

Jes asked:
>i was recently given a copy of bowlie. i believe its bowlie.  its a radio
>broadcast tho, so it kinda confuses me.  and it says 'booley fest at
>edinburg'.  anyway, whats the lovely little song  that keeps repeating the
>word love?  i'm horrible and cant remember anymore lyrics yet.  is that
>Rhoda?

	Have they ever played Rhoda live, I wonder. No, it's not
Rhoda. You will know Rhoda by the immense number of times Stuart
sings the word fag. The word love is in the song somewhere, but I
know that's not it because I also have a tape of Bowlie. My tape,
however, is somewhere I don't feel like looking. Maybe it's Lord
Anthony?

and she also asked:
>i d/led some mp3 that is supposedly by b&s called 'the hour'.  it sounds like
>maybe StuD singing, but i cant tell cos the quality is kinda odd.  is it
>indeed them?

	No, I downloaded this too, out of curiosity. It is, in fact,
"An Hour Before the Light," by the fantastic Clientele. The one I
downloaded was simply entitled 'An Hour.' There's at least one other
mis-labelled song on Napster. Sunset somethingorother, and it's
actually a Stephin Merritt song. Sunset City maybe. Something like
that. There are probably others floating about.
	Yeah, that should do it for B&S content. My life doesn't bear
much description to you all. Mostly I've spent my days writing and
recording songs, and then forcing people in #sinister to listen to
them on MP3.com. And staying up very late, then getting up late too.
Fascinating, I know. Back to your regularly scheduled posts.

--
Brian Pennington, aka Mick McMick | cellophanesky at mac.com | ICQ# 39021436
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>