Sinister: Just alive enough to die.

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Sun Jul 2 07:15:56 BST 2000

A while ago I told Alix that I would respond to her post, but then she wrote
all this rubbish about Glastonbury and I thought "Now what am I, an
American, supposed to say about that?"  Our festivals here consist of
crowdsurfing and gang rapes to the obnoxious sounds of Limp Bizkit.  Bah.
Festivals suck, I always get hurt and dehydrated at them, and I leave
cranky.  Last year I missed seeing Beth Orton at a festival (the Feztival,
actually) because my lip was bleeding profusely after I was kicked in the
face by a crowd surfer.  Fuck festies!  Luckily Alix wrote again the next
day and I can say things.

Lixi said:
>Nick Dastoor materialised briefly

<grudge>You mean he wasn't training?  For a VERY IMPORTANT football match?
</grudge>

She also said:
>...not realising that it was their sex
>they were changing.

I have a friend who seems to be making the transformation to drag queen
veeeeery slowly, he's been working on it for a few years now.  We had lost
touch, but one day I was in Hot Topic in Wilkes Barre and I was thinking
about how lame I was for being in Hot Topic, but I went to check out my
kickass Powerpuff Girls t shirt and who waited on me but said friend.  He
was wearing a little more makeup and sporting a few more piercings than the
last time I saw him.  He hopped over the counter and gave me a hug and the
shopper goths gave us funny looks.  That really had nothing to do with
anything, did it?

Later on, this guy Steve said:
>i have this new belt and like it alot.  its electric blue and really thin,
>and it sort of looks like a ribon and has this weird very faint red
stiching
>running along it.  and these quick release clips for easy 'belt-on'
>'belt-off' action! yes! now i can be in and out of my pants faster than a
>jack rabbit! not that i'm ever out of my pants for very long.

I'd like to say that I have a magnetic Smurf belt, and it's wonderful.  I
have a Cabbage Patch Kid one too, but the Smurf belt is better and the
elastic is holding up a lot better (I've had these belts since about 1984).
So if you're at a show and you see a girl with a Smurfy belt, that's me!
Probably.  Also, a lot of boys have been talking about dropping their pants
in my presence lately.  I like it!!
I've got nuffin' to say about Belle & Sebastian, except I think my favorite
song of the moment is String Bean Jean as it's been in my head for the last
few days.  Also, I hung my Tigermilk poster in my room in Pennsylvania and
put a lovely border of silver stars around it, so it's not going back to New
York with me.  Speaking of New York, I'm moving back tomorrow, wheeeeee.
A very happy Independence  Day to all of my fellow Americans and a big :oÞ
to you Brit lot.  This is the time of the year when alcohol and gunpowder
combine, legally.  Usually.  My dad's got a stash of super illegal fireworks
in our garage, so if our house ever catches on fire be sure to stand in the
street and watch as there will be a lovely pyrotechnic display as my
belongings are consumed in flames.
I watched Shallow Grave tonight, and as it was one of the few Ewan movies
actually set in Scotland, WHY WAS HE NOT WEARING A KILT AT ALL???  More
kilts!  More kilts!  C'mon, you have to admit he looked cute in that kilt at
the end of a A Life Less Ordinary.  It made the whole movie worth it.
I love you all.  Kisses to all who deserve it.

xoxo
Julie

"It's only pop music, why are you asking me all these questions?!"  -Robbie
Williams