Sinister: I don't care if I'm alone here singing songs to myself.

jnikolaeff at xxx.au jnikolaeff at xxx.au
Tue Jul 4 08:01:37 BST 2000

Long time no list - my email has been possessed by evil things...

B&S Content:
New album - I am in love!  I only got sinister a couple of months ago, and
my boy took it away from me before I got over the obsession stage, so I
didn't really think I would get hung up on the new album so easily as I did.
But I did. Yay.  Women's Realm and Wrong Girl and There's too much love to
go around - they fill my head each and every day with beautiful harmonies
and handclaps  Aaaahhhhh.  They make me feel like I'm ACTUALLY IN LOVE with
my boy.  How about that?

The Chalet Lines - an aquaintence and I were discussing this song at Pop! on
Sat night over many vodkas.  Do we think this horror happened to a boy, a
girl, or written to refer to either?

Julie wrote:
I watched Shallow Grave tonight, and as it was one of the few Ewan movies
actually set in Scotland,...

The Pillow Book is on tonight - is this movie actually good or is my friend
only obsessed with seeing Ewan's rude bits when she says I just HAVE to
watch it?  Probably the latter....

Merrick & Rosso:
Motorace played on "House of Hits" on Sunday, their last show on tv as
they've been axed (oh my I'm so upset...).  For those not from oz I guess I
would liken it to totp or mtv, except WAY commercial.  Motorace are indie
alt, and after being on Merrick & Rosso decided that when they played on Sun
the drummer would pretend to be the guitarist and vice versa as its just lip
sync anyway. And the hosts didn't even know. (funny about that - they
probably didn't even know who they were...)  **I think all non-mainstream
bands should take a leaf out of their book and stick it up the networks.
Sorry, I got a bit cross then - I can't help it when I think about
commercial music.....

I think that's all I can bullshit at the moment - I am bored and want to go
home from work but have too much time to make up.  but on the bright side
I'm going to the pub in about an hour and a half for a nice cold pint of
pale and a chat with my new partner in musical crime - looking at recording
soon.  Yay!

Roskilde:
My deepest sympathies to all the families and friends who were affected.

Cheers from Oz

radiation girl
aka Juliya