Sinister: barcelona + thank god for trumpets

annie atremp at xxx.be
Tue Jul 4 11:53:44 BST 2000

hello

it's been over a year since i've posted so i thought i'd have a go at it
now it's so quiet on the list... (of course it's got nothing to do with the
fact i've got some favours to ask, oh no sir, wouldn't do that. well i
would, so sorry mummy, and everyone else)

about fyhcywlap (can't bring myself to say fyshyclap, sounds too horrible,
and fyhcywlap looks a bit like a welsh word (to people like me who don't
know a word of it, but any language that has words without a single vowel
in them can only be great) and that's nice) oh dear, the brackets got a bit
out of control, sorry, i'll just have to start again.

about fyhcywlap, i think it's wonderful. especially 'there's too much love'
and 'waiting for the moon to rise'. to me those are two of the best songs
they ever wrote. and i find it strange sarah's never sung before. i mean, i
like isobel's voice, but i'd choose sarah's over hers any time.
isobel's voice has gotten nicer on this album though, it sounds like she's
got it more under control.
as for 'the chalet lines', i quite like it, but i can't bring myself to
listen to it very much, most of the time i just skip it.

this album is really chris's album isn't it? i mean, maybe it's just me but
the keyboards sound more prominent, and they do sound great too...

another thing i wanted to say is TRUMPETS! aah, trumpets. what's there not
to like about them? there's nothing like a bit of trumpet to make a song
sound even better...
i don't think there are actually any more trumpets on this album than the
others, but i'll take any excuse to talk about them. and what a great name
for a instrument. trumpet!

now for the barcelona part...
me and a friend are going there for a couple of days and i was wondering if
there are any listees from barcelona or around there who could give us
information about the stuff you don't find in the tourist guides, like good
record stores, clubs...?
if you'd like we could also have a meet-up or hold a picnic or something
similar, as long as you'll settle for two girls who don't speak a word of
spanish or catalan. i started to read my assimil book (which dates from
1957 and practically fell to pieces in my hands) yesterday evening but i
doubt it'll make me an expert by sunday.
anyway, we'll be there from sunday the 9th til tuesday the 18th, so if
there's anyone willing to help could you please mail me before sunday?
thanks a lot!

lots of love to you all, and sorry for the list abuse (mind you, maybe the
list likes a bit of abuse from time to time, next time i'll bring the whip!)

annie xo