Sinister: the viennese science

ineffable mindmonkey1 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 4 16:47:28 BST 2000

Hello.

A strange inner force drives me yet again to pop my head up above the
parapets and mail to the list.

I have had a strangely good couple of days since I last posted - had a bit
of  a fling with a girl I work with and quite a nice week at work thus far.
Spent a peculiar hour with my psychotherapy supervisor yesterday after lunch
where we chatted about my patient - the more we chatted the more this
otherwise quite pleasant patient became something of a grotesque.  There is
no innocence in psychoanalyis.  I saw the patient before I started work
today and I think it was all for the good - my chat had encouraged me to be
a little more proactive and it seemed as if things went well.  Perhaps I am
having fantasies of salvation - there could be something to this mumbo-jumbo
after all.

Do people like London?  I am not sure whether I am bored or not.  Two of my
friends whom I trained with have just got their (nurse) girlfriends pregnant
- one is going to have a  termination and the other is going to settle down
with her.  Both of them are completely battered by life at present -
twentysomething is great when you have a bit of money but, as always,
something stitches you up - although obviously they are in a large part
responsible for 'the state they are in'.  The reason I write this is that
the one who is not settling down is thinking of fleeing and setting up a new
life somewhere - where do you recommend?  I am all for Glasgow as there are
lots of beautiful Indian girls with Scottish accents.  I think this is a
good thing and probably quite close to what heaven is like, although I am no
theologian.  I guess the danger with moving is that one has to have the
right reasons - I suppose we all try to recreate the past (for me this would
be when I was 20/21 as an undergraduate) and there is a risk that one
misconstrues geography for autobiography.  Unlike Dr Who we can travel in
space but not time.  I'm not sure quite what I am saying here - I suppose as
Wayne Campbell said 'live in the now dude'. (or was it Garth?)

I have been scanning poor schizophrenic's brains most of the day but will
try
to pop into Woolies on the way home to buy some blank tapes to record some
B+S and Tindersticks for my friend.  Although the latter may be a little
depressing...

A chap called Alisdair e-mailed me with a question - I hope this is a sort
of answer and I am eager to learn who Trouse is?

For what it is worth I quite like Electronic Renaissance - a homage.  Quite
funny.

For good health and greater happiness read Evelyn Waugh.

Bye-bye.