Sinister: bourgeiosie pastie

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 4 17:18:43 BST 2000

> 6.nice day for a sulk (reminds me of 'raindrops keep fallin on my head by
> sacha distell - ooh and the ringo by numbers thing - so true... makes me
> skip down the road if there's noone there)

this always mixes in my head with "martha, my dear" from the white album.  i think it's just the way the melody goes up high in the
chorus.  other than that, i don't think i've heard such a meticulous magical mystery pepper recreation before, they must've been
pumping geoff emerick for information.  "no no, i want *that* vocal sound, with *that* echo.  awwwwww, cmon geoff!"  if i remember
correctly, richard was saying it was very beach boys-influenced, but it seems much more english to me.

as for "electronic renaissance", i've been re-evaluating it since the discussion came up here and i really do like it now after
habitually skipping it for months.  i think it's the tinny echo on stuart's voice that hooks me.  i still avoid "mary jo" though.
("you *what*?!")  i know a lot of people love that song, but it tends to kill the giddy sort of melancholy i get from the previous
two songs.  there's things i can identity with in her story, and then all of a sudden she's leaving me for dead!  yeesh.  *you're*
brutal and i'm afraid of you, mary.  :)

jay, who's still blushing at receiving a crush vote

"now that you've made me want to die, you tell me that you're unboyfriendable"