Sinister: THings and Stuff

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 4 15:48:23 BST 2000

Hello babies

Nice weekend?  Good.

Sophie said:
> just wanted to know if anyone else gets sundaynight weirdness... y'know
> when
> everythings kinda in order, but you just feel... a bit weird... hmmmm. My
> mum
> calls it sundowning - I reckon it's just a bit scary when you realise
> you'ce
> got the whole week ahead of you and as soon as you go to bed, the week
> will
> begin...
Oh, I get that, I always thought it was because I hadn't done my homework,
although I still occasionally get the same fear even now, usually if i catch
the titles from Songs of Praise or Last of the Summer Wine, and it's several
years since I've had any homework to do.  Thank fuck Howard's Way isn't on
anymore, that's all I can say.

Sophie also said:
> surprisingly good hmv sale(£4.99 -
> raah!) -
to which I also add my raaaahs as I picked up a couple of Tom Waits CDs
(Small Change and Blue Valentine) at £4.99 too.  Blue Valentine has Kentucky
Avenue on, which is possibly the MOST BEAUTIFUL SONG EVER WRITTEN, in my
humble opinion ;)

Dickie Knee said:
> Carsmile Steve is either confusing the Spectator with the New Statesman or
> else
> he's making some hard left point about the latter's loss of edge.  I
> suspect the
> former, as he comes from Chelmsford and is probably a member of the
> Women's
> Institute.
which is apparently causing concern amongst the Chelmsford massive.  Fear
not, I am not moving to your no doubt lovely town, although i do have a mate
who lives there.  I would like to thank Dickie for pointing out my original
mistake, it's a good thing The Telegraph still have some intelligent people
working for them.

I am, in fact, a member of the paramilitary wing of the WI, we launch
lightening raids on the Mother's Union and nick their jam recipes, tangle
their knitting and draw moustaches on their signed photos of Tony Blair, but
now i've told you that, I'm going to have to kill you...

I've been feeling a bit post-glasto this week, but I'm a lot perkier now
cos:

a) I had an interview in Oxford yesterday (for a half decent job) and have
another one next week (for a really good job).  Does anyone know anything
about Ruskin College?

b) I'm definitely coming to the Lun-Ding picnic next weekend and i'm
bringing mrs carsmile and my sister and her boyfriend.  Unfortunately we're
only coming on a daytrip as they have to get their train home on the sunday,
so this visit will involve NO STUPID DANCING in niteclubs at 2 in the
morning, well not unless someone really persuades me ;)

Isn't irony the blue peter dog that took over from goldie?  I was always
impressed by her subsequent career as floor-filling junglist.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

Actually, thinking about it, the Blue Peter dogs that followed goldie were
prince, bonnie and the current incumbent mabel.  Sad anal retentive, moi?