Sinister: if you ever want to sleep at night,don't marry a beautiful woman

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 4 19:56:44 BST 2000

It is nice to finally get some sleep after having 20 frat boys across the
street with their HONK IF YOU ARE CANADIAN sign on Canada Day. I am feeling
resentement for living in the city during summer right now.I yearn for a
summer cottage where you just jump two feet off the porch and into the
lake...sob sob sob
So who has won the Isobel Campbell lookalikey contest yet? Can we have a
StuD (Yes I know he's with Looper) lookalikey contest then,to be fair? I'll
even arrange and pay for everything.Maybe we can double with Andy Flynn and
his deliciously rotund-behinded bride.

Oh! Did you know all of B&S's videos can be viewed on that icrunch.com site.
Is this old news? It was nice to see all of those videos,even though it's
kind of hard to distinguish whats what.Is that Struan in the LLPJ video who
gets his skintight muscle t-shirt painted over with a line? Then he runs
after the lazy jane into the forest..aggressive.

>Lawrence asked:
>I'm thinking about sending Isobel an Orange Juice t-shirt I made. >Anyone
>ever sent stuff to members of the band? Did they reply. I'm >almost
>too>scared too, just because, even though I know I shouldn't >expect famous
>people to reply to my letters, at the same time i would >be a wee bit
>disappointed if they didn't. (sigh ... again)

Maybe this was a dream but for some reason I DO recall Isobel talking about
how they get nice things sent to them,for example,somebody sent a blue
velvet dress and was like 'Here,I thought someone in Belle and Sebastian
could use this'.(I wonder which member of the band eventually wore the
dress?)Send some padded handcuffs,with a gentle note attached,"I thought
maybe somebody from the band could use these maybe?" I've sent Stuart
Murdoch and StuD..(cough,cough)letters.Struan probably laughed at them
maniacally and lit them on fire while drinking absinthe in a jacuzzi with
nubile supermodels and God knows what StuD did with them.But that was a long
time ago.Now,you can send them things and they will try and write back.It
even says so on the new album."Write to us and we will try our best to write
back." Maybe I should try again.Sigh..it would make my day to get a reply.

I love Sarah too.It was her speaking voice that got me.Luscious.I used to be
very angry with female members in my beloved male bands,except for that
Miki.Yes,yes,so jealous.I'm much better now,in my wizened years.Perhaps it
was a secret obssesion.I used to have that with Candida Doyle when I was
younger.I spent far too much time drawing unflattering pictures of
her,always making sexual advances on the male members,and their little
speak-bubbles would always turn her down for their true love,Genevieve.

Festivals: I'm working at a festival again.In the gospel tent with the 200
voice choir of the Love Fellowship Crusade.Hurrah! Take that Glastonbury.

I love Electronic Renaissance.Is it really viewed as the stinker of
Tigermilk? I get a thrill at the echo-y voice sound effect part, "you'll be
known as the boy who's always working..working..working..." Struan sounded
like such a little waif and now listen to the strength of those vocal
chords.Hot damn,momma!

My mother is watching a show called Steeple Chasing.A man on his bicycle
going around to churches.That smells of Struan so much it hurts me.
(Well,before the leather interior incident.)

love,
Genevieve

p.s
Very nice to meet cute sinisterine Karo and her lovely scottish friend.It's
always nice to be reassured you all exist.I still apologize for not being
the best hostess I could be (mmm,bronchitis!) and nice one on my part for
being all enthusiastic 'yes,that club has a british and scottish pop night!'
and sending them to reggae night instead.My "d'ohhhhh..." echoed into the
night.

p.p.s
seeing as it's independence day,there was an interesting little article in
the paper why america is better than canada...
"Which leads us to the crisis over our national missile defence
system.Canadian military authorities are reportedly convinced that,far from
being a plan to shoot down nuclear missiles from dangerous or insane
governments, NMD is a plot to further American power.This is not 1812. We're
allies,for God's sake.We'd like you to come in on this with us. This is a
defensive system,not the latest step in America's secret plan to seize
Newfoundland."