Sinister: The Rodmembrance of Things Past

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Jul 4 20:18:49 BST 2000

Sheffield isn't in the Midlands, you know. It's in the North.

I recently read that "deja vu" is usually the result of brain disease. This
makes the list even more disturbing than usual. Didn't we have a flurry of
sympathy for the victims of some festival crowd incident before? They
weren't on the list either. But Duke of Harringay was. Duke has come off his
bike. In a bid to make it even more B&S, he nearly ploughed into the vicar.
Details can be found at the increasingly entertaining web corner
http://www.tangents.co.uk
Perhaps a flurry of sympathy for Duke's grazed arse would be in order. Get
well soon, Duke!

I don't know anything about clubs in Barcelona, except that they don't let
members of ethnic minorities in. I don't know much about record shops
either. There's one in Castelldefels that proudly advertises Laser Discs
though. In neon, no less. But if there's a picnic I want to go. Where is
Mister Jordi? Can we have the picnic somewhere air-conditioned?

Jason (happy birthday Big Tackle) was worrying about not having done enough
teenage things. Don't worry Jason, nobody does teenage things. Some people
start pretending they did when they approach thirty, but they just sat in
watching telly as well. Apparently all great pop makes you feel like you're
sixteen. In other words, all great pop makes you feel like a miserable
moping drip watching the telly. That was a thinly veiled attack on Tim
Popkins, to go with Nick's thinly veiled reference to "fatties" the other
day. Besides Jason, you shouldn't worry. By the time you're old, death will
have been eradicated and there'll be loads of new ages to get to know and
enjoy.

Peter