Sinister: Now I've Had A B & S Dream!

Rob Lorenson rtoad at xxx.net
Wed Jul 5 08:55:13 BST 2000

So another 4th of July came and went.  I had a BBQ at my friend's
house, and then sat on Huntington Beach alone watching the
fireworks displays all around me.  The one over the Queen Mary
was especially spectacular.  And I saw a few old friends.  Which is
good, considering that every one crapped out on me yesterday and
I thought I would spend this year the same as last year -- horribly
alone, sitting on my porch watching my dog run around the fruit
trees.  I have lots of fruit trees.

Anyways, I have now crossed over to the dark side, as I have had a
B & S dream:

I dreamt that for some reason the group came to my house, and
instead of Stuart D. playing bass they had the bassplayer from the
Housemartins, and was intrigued because I was listening to
Stereolab and shouting the lyrics to the people who live below me --
 I live on a mountain, in a big house by myself.  And every time a
stanza ended, I would pause the CD, play something on my piano,
and then unpause the CD and go back to shouting lyrics.  So they
decided that they would play Roxy Music's "Mother of Pearl," and
Stuart M. kept getting angry and yelling the "F" word because he
couldn't get the lyrics right.  So I played the song for him over and
over until he learned the lyrics.  So they played the song in my
living room.  And Stuart M. kept trying to sing in a Brian Ferry
voice.  Then they left, and I went back to shouting Stereolab lyrics.
This time to the people who just moved in next door.

I really have to stop eating stuff before I go to bed!  :-P

"I only buy a book for the way it looks,
then I put it on the shelf again.
I can tell you what I'm thinking,
But it never seems to do you good.
It's beyond me what a girl can see,