Sinister: Poetry and girls showering

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 5 14:42:39 BST 2000

Hello everyone,

Mark C talked earlier about poetry and stuff and I felt inspired. Like
if I had parachuted down on top of a church, but not quite as painful.
So I couldn't help but write an ode to the man. So here it is...

Mark Casarotto thinks he's Italian,
Mark Casarotto thinks he's hung like a stallion,
Mark Casarotto plays football as well,
As a big bottom'd Isobel,
Mark Casarotto is a camp as a Scout jamboree,
It's quite funny that his mummy agrees,
Mark Casarotto DJ's and everyone listens,
He once went to Boyzone auditions,
But only to check out the boys,
And tempt the weak willed ones home with puppies and toys,
Mark Casarotto is a chap and a half,
He knows I'm only having a laugh

There is about 684 lines of this but it gets a lost when I start rhyming
cereal / immaterial, sibylline / porcupine, and syphillis / big gay
streak of piss. But if anyone wants to read the whole thing it's being
published by Penguin (obviously).

Anyway why doesn't anyone talk about Richard Davies on this list?
Probably because he was a sad pervert at my school who found out you can
get into the gap between the ceiling and roof at our school through the
sound room for the stage. And he used to go into this unknown floor and
go and see the girls showering. Though this is part of any American
college movie since Porky's this actually happened in suburban London
too. He once offered to take me there and I did think OK it's an
adolescent boy's dream. So off I went up the ceiling, and no I didn't
get lost and end up by the boy's showers, instead I turned back and said
I couldn't do this. I would like to think it was because I had a sense
of morality from an early age, but it was probably more to do with the
fact that I was a clumbsy oaf and knew I'd fall through the ceiling.
Mentally scaring a showerfull of teenage girls for life... My god what
am I talking about and why am I drooling on my keyboard? Anyway I told
the biggest mouthed girl in our year about the boy Davies, I think her
name may of been Sonia who was originally from Liverpool, and though
know one really believed it he did get an understandable rep for being a
dirty perv. What has all this to do with Belle & Sebastian? I haven't go
a clue but at least I've mentioned them now. Ahh luscious strings and
keyboards add a new depth don't they?

Te ra,

Martin "really should get out more" Robinson

P.S During the above ramblings the name's have been kept the same to
accuse the guily.