Sinister: I think I'm on a horse with no name

Heather Humble hhumble at xxx.edu
Wed Jul 5 21:20:26 BST 2000

Hello all-

I just got back to the US a couple days ago from my six month stay in
England (previously posting from hah102 at york.ac.uk, flaking out on the
glasto meet up, etc).  Anyway, I'm staying with my parents for a month
here in humid Richmond, VA.  And I don't know anyone here.  Expect for my
parents.  And my cat.  And sometimes my kitty's conversation lacks a
certain sparkle.  So if there are any listees in the area I would
lovelovelove for us to have a picnic, meet for a drink/coffee/whatever.
Yes.  Please email me privately, etc.

Okay, to try to fit in B&S somehow... my journey was almost completely B&S
free, except for on the flight from JFK to here in the tiny propeller
plane in which I was trying to keep calm by pretending I was a modernist
jetsetting my way to Las Vegas, or some colonial-type on my way to the
depths of the jungle.  But it didn't work.  So I read New York Magazine,
in which a certain Jane Pratt (of Jane magazine) said that one of her
"essentials for the beach" this summer was a copy of FYHC.  yay.

and then later today as I was taking my broken suitcase to the airport to
be fixed, I was playing IYFS in the car and as I was parking there was a
lovely boy dressed in quite a colonial sort of fashion who I guess heard
the music and smiled and said hello.

that is all.

heather
http://www.reed.edu/~hhumble