Sinister: life during wartime

tim ellsworth t_ells at xxx.com
Fri Jul 7 18:45:39 BST 2000

first off i just want to say that i feel like a hypocrite for bashing
corporations like starbucks because i work at a certain corporate bookstore
that sells starbucks coffee. actually the last job before that was another
corporate grocery store and we sold starbucks coffee and there was an actual
starbucks nextdoor! it is literally everywhere and you have to go to either
campbell or los gatos to even see an independent coffee shop, not counting
the mattise(sp?) downtown.  i don't know why i care, i don't like coffee
much(except coffee icecream) and i usually get ice tea.  but i feel like a
chump because i myself feel like a corporate soul.  the only reassurance i
get is that i do absolutely nothing except read and talk to my fellow
employees while occasionally going into the music section and recommending
cds by 80's hair metal mullet bands like ratt and motley crue.  i've tried
stereolab and papa m but people just think they have funny names and my
staff takes them down so they can recommend eric clapton or fear factory,
once even the mortal kombat soundtrack.  eric clapton isn't too bad but does
he need a rec?  last night i pitched this album called montrose which is
supposed to have david lee roth or sammy hagar in it but everyone just
laughed.  i guess that is good because i don't know what i would do if
someone actually bought that shite, after all it is just a joke.  i'm
waiting for some nut with a mullet, oakleys, and a sleeveless journey shirt
to come in and say something like, "montrose?! far out man i been lookin'
for this baby for years!"  that would make my day/career.
in closing i have to pull another late shift tonight making me miss my
friends birthday, which is bad because she is sweet and genuinly nice which
is not a quality i have found in a lot of girls my age these days.  i can't
complain too much as i've had this whole week off and i did see her on the
4th of july.
p.s.  if any of you want to see funny pictures of people with mullets i
suggest going to mulletsgalore.com it's hilarious!  in no time you'll be
using the word mulletude(i hope)
tim