Sinister: mojo

colin thornton colinboy21 at xxx.com
Fri Jul 7 20:48:54 BST 2000

I'm really disappointed with the review of B&S in the new issue of Mojo
magazine.  They dislike the album because the title sounds pretentious.  Why
do reviewers feel the need to judge the condescension of a group based on
trivial things like album titles?  Can't they just listen to the music and
enjoy what there is to offer?  Mojo also has issues with the fact that
Stuart David took a little bit of techno with him when he left the B&S fold.
  Didn't Stuart leave us with shitty songs like Chickfactor and Wooskie?
How did he become the John Lennon of the group?  Besides, I thought Chris
and Struan were both into electronica themselves.  Anyway...

I've been thinking a lot about Struan's distaste for If Your Feeling
Sinister.  His discomfort with the album's effect has denied us live
versions of "Dylan in the Movies" and "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying",
and all the other good tracks. I've noticed that there aren't even any
videos from Sinister.  I wonder what the big deal is...they are good songs.

Wish me luck!  I'm auditioning for survivor.  If I make the cut then I'll do
my best to advertise Belle and Sebastian by humming their tunes in the
Australian Outback.

Violet Crumbles,
Colin