Sinister: Finkus Dinkus and other obscure comments...my condensed thoughts for you all

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Sun Jul 9 15:18:18 BST 2000

Hey all you beautiful kids,
In keeping with my style of waiting for 150 emails to
accumulate and replying at least 2 months after
everyone else to a particular subject, i thought it
was time to grace you all (hah, like anyone reads this
stuff) with my condensed thoughts:

I bought FISHYCLAP yesterday.  Thats right, the 8th
july.  Thats's right, over 1 month after it was
released.  i didnt have any money!  yeah, like you'd
believe that, you just think i'm lazy.
anyway, i love it.  IYFS and TBWTAS both took a while
for me to get into.  in fact, 'strap still is.  Odd.
so, by your (general term for all of you who didnt
like it at first listen) rationelle, should i like it
less and less as i listen to it?  like an inverse b&s
fan?  well, i wear black and am into slipknot...he he,
not really.  yuk.  sill masked buggers.  I bet that
they used to hang around in pubs, saying "yeah, we're
musicians" and cos they didnt get appreciated, they
put some masks on.  without the masks, they obviously
wouldnt be popular (even if those fans are
pre-pubescent, pseudo-angsty bozos).
sorry, i digress.  yeah, i love fishyclap.  it's
great.  i'm not even goig to try and find fault in it.
 i dont want to rate it.

Now, the Chalet Lines.  I'm not going to put in my
full 2 cents/opinion/other metaphor, since i have one
small fault.  i havent been raped, nor do i know
anyone who has.  to offer my opinion would be useless.
 all i know is Stu wished to either a)be
controversial, or b) was singing personally (either as
victim, or associate of victim).
My only opinion on rape is that those who commit it
should be at best, jailed for life, if not castrated.
This may seem excessive, but it think that t is worse
than murder, simply because it must ruin the victim's
lives.  Am i right?  sorry if there are people out
there who disagree, but i think it is inhuman.  what
scares me more is that all of us men have the ability
to commit rape.  i never would, but i honestly get
scared that i could, and more frequently than a
healthy human should.

Electronic Renaissance:  i love this song.  at first i
didn't, but tigermilk is my favourite album because i
love each and every song on it.  i can understand why
people hate it and why some love it.  I'm not going to
convince you all one way or the other.
don't you hate bloody liberals? ;) (sorry, that's the
first and last time i use one of those sodding faces.
i hate them, i do)

Pink floyd.  I love them too.  innovation is one of a
prog-rock band's key attributes (hence the prog- bit).
 pink floyd have this.
However, i like the more traditional songs.  'Wish You
Were Here' is my favourite song.  i cant listen to it
without going shivery.  You know how you have songs,
films, things which make you do that?  they make you
glad to be alive.
thanks to pixiedust for bringing it up.  i get to talk
how i love floyd.  somehow, i dont think a
radiohead/pumpkins talk will spring up...

you're bound to get differences with 1300+ members, i
just love the way that you all reason.  Anyone here
been to the ooberman website?  the message board here
is the 13-15yr old pathetic areguments version of this
site.  Their arguing pisses me off.  your arguments
feel better.
I love you all.
Sorry for droning on,
Love Niko
xxx

"I'm gonna meltdown" - 'Black Star', radiohead.  Did
thom have premonitions of playing the festival hall on
july 1st 2000, 6 years before 'the bends'?  i think
so.

PS is it worth puttin on a sini- edinburgh/reading
group?  i need to meet some people, it's like a giant
game of 'Blind Date', without the failing romances...