Sinister: the childhood of a leader

tim ellsworth t_ells at xxx.com
Mon Jul 10 07:30:38 BST 2000

i just finished reading the last story in jean paul sartre's the wall
titled: the chilhood of a leader.  it was disturbing like the others but i
couldn't tell if the character Lucien was a reference to Hitler's childhood.
  what made the first impression was the Oediapus complex Lucien claimed to
have in order to win the friendship of Berliac.  I remember watching a
documentary on Hitler in my high school history class and something was
mentioned about him having that complex.  Also i don't think Hitler was
always anti semetic like Lucien.  it doesn't really matter either way i
suppose, but i just finished reading it and i'm a little curious.
i know it's been out for a while now but has anyone heard the new e.p. from
stereolab, the first of the microbe hunters?  it's some of their weaker
material in my opinion. ( i know, nobody asked)the only good songs are the
first and third.  the rest are just there i guess, they have no real impact.
  my favorite so far is cobra and phases play voltage in the milky night.
it has such a great title, i love using it to describe a prior night: we
danced into the milky night or something like that.  the eigth song is my
favorite though, it reminds me of this commercial for these star wars legos
that you can build to make robots that actually move.  in the commercial
this boy comes into his room and flips on his light nad its like a disco
with all these droids dancing to this funky song that sounds like the afore
mentioned song.  everytime i hear it i wish i had a bunch of those robots
dancing around me.  i found out those legos are upwards of about $100 and i
factored the time spent building them multiplied by my lack of success with
mechanical objects and decided that it was too much.
that would be a rad tour though, b&s, with stereolab and maybe arab strab in
between.
that's it then,
tim