Sinister: And I went lookin' for my darlin.....

M Styer nereusabe at xxx.com
Mon Jul 10 07:31:47 BST 2000

Hello Everyone-

I'm just posting to ask for advice, and possibly to start a conversation.
I'm compiling a list of the most approachable B+S songs. I may finally be
able to answer the time old question, "What kind of music do you listen
to?," without scaring people off ("Oh...it's...ah....er, interesting,
yeah"). Almost, if you will, a greatest hits.
So far:

Expectations
My Wandering Days are Over (I'm not sure)
Lazy Line Painter Jane
The State That I Am in
Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie (maybe at the end, for the strongest of the weak
people)
Me and the Major
The Boy with the Arab Strap (I know my friends won't understand it, I am
barely able to. The Boy W/ the strap is one of Struan's friends, right?)
Don't Leave the Light on, Baby (especially the "It's been a bloody stupid
day")

That is it so far.

You may be asking yourself, "Self...it looks like he has gotten the list, so
why is he posting?"
I know that I have become too partial to know which songs are the most
approachable. If any of you have any stories/suggestions on which were your
favorite songs at first listen, please post. Thanks

Farewell
Miles
P.S.- This is the young, American boy talking, not the B+S fan. I'm
interested in getting a cd by The Magnetic Fields, and I don't know where to
begin. Which one should I get first?