Sinister: Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:06:13 +0100

David White david at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 10 13:28:44 BST 2000

M Styer wrote:
>The Boy with the Arab Strap (I know my friends won't understand it, I am
>barely able to. The Boy W/ the strap is one of Struan's friends, right?)

I'm pretty sure The Boy With The Arab Strap is about Aiden Moffat, singer
with Arab Strap. You can read more at www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk
at the discography.

All this talk about Pink Floyd. I actually like the Floyd, well some of
their stuff. I don't think much of the psychadelic stuff, it's a bit too
wierd and the stuff after the Wall is all a bit 'old men trying to relive
former glories' but the early 70's stuff in particular is good. They did one
soundtrack album in the early 70s, the name of which I have forgotten, and
it is excellent, sounds very much like Air. I'd actually never made the
connection between Pink Floyd and Air until somebody mentioned it the other
day. As for the production, I remember the other year when Channel 4 did the
top 100 albums of the millenium (I guess it must have been last year), and
Dark Side Of The Moon made it to the top 5, and one of the critics made the
point that it was the most modern sounding album of a top 10 which featured
2 Radiohead albums, Oasis, Stone Roses and a few other modern ones. I reckon
that's a pretty accurate statement and a fairly sad reflection on the state
of modern music (B&S apart!).

Brian Pennington wrote:
>After having been in a play version of The Wall...

What a scary thought! The film was the biggest pile of art wank I have ever
seen. The music is fine, excellent in places, shite in others but I thought
the film was bollocks. I reckon the Simpsons starring in The Wall would have
been excellent, a trip through Homer Simpsons fucked up mind, hmmm
doughnuts...

On that note, I'm going to get some food.

Dave
david at belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk
Visit the site www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk