Sinister: stockwell day wins

Red Geisha geishalass at xxx.com
Mon Jul 10 14:17:02 BST 2000

>i read the funniest thing this morning...
>f%^KINGuParAMPAGE said that they wished they were canadian...i have never
>seen or heard that utterance in my little life.
Anywhere I travel people always tell me that! Canada is an incredible
country we're very lucky. In other major cities you'd be lucky if you could
meet people as easily as you do here...perhaps with the exception of
California.

>if you wanna see faux-british come out with me one night. little boys/girls
>dressing up and dancing how they think the british should be, problem is
>their perception of british comes from quadraphenia (however one spells it)
>and gregory's girl. now i'm included in this little group of posseurs...

actually I would discount this entirely. many of the people are very aware
of fashion/music and culture and their influence doesn't stem from two
films. This band of people in Toronto are some of the best looking and
dressed people the world over. Almost all of my friends have varying
degree's in the arts/music and could talk to you for hours about influence
and aesthetic. I've been to London and I wish I saw these beauties at
Blow-Up London. There is also an excellent mixture of current fashion with
old - the post-mod-ernists if you wish. We all "borrow" from cultures how
boring would we be otherwise! I recently met someone from Chicago who spent
a weekend with us and is now currently searching for a job in Toronto she
loved the super community!

I'd like to say a big hello to Ken who I had the pleasure of meeting on
Friday at Vanity Fair. I promise the night will be huge by August! A huge
promo will happen once d & I return from vacation! Vanity Fair is still on
and still very free every Friday at the Down One Lounge at 49 Front St. E.

chris
"every smile is the promise of sex on a sunny day" pastels