Sinister: PROG ROCK, MY ARSE!

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 10 14:52:29 BST 2000

You turn your back for two minutes and look what happens, flipping Pink
Floyd everywhere.  Now, I'm a reasonable man, most of the time, ask anyone,
but i WILL NOT STAND for this kind of talk.  Pink Floyd are sad old hippies
yer dad liked, they are not for the likes of us, we must point and laugh at
their fans and, indeed, at them, should we get the chance.  Comfortably
numb?? comfortably ARSE, more like.  Piper at the gates of dawn??  Piper at
the gates of SHITE.  And they're responsible for bob geldof, and global
warming and england being shite at football probably.

If i may go back to Mr Kado's original point: "all that bullshit and bombast
makes me ill"

That was a partly political broadcast on behalf on the "where the bludy
'ells 'OPKINS when you need 'im" Party.

All this talk has obviously warped Dastoor's mind as he asterisked TWO
footnotes, and then only gave us ONE (*carsmile has mental image of dastoor
giving us all one).  I must say those Russian mechanical boots sound ACE, if
very scary.  Although not as scary as hundreds of lists of second hand
records ;)

Daf Moore commented on Ms House's news of NO TOUR, and I concur.  Now I'll
have to find another excuse for spending my redundancy on a trip to new
york.  Whatever happened to that tribute band that was being planned?

Speaking of tribute bands (creaky link ahoy), was anyone else sad enough to
be watching "winning lines" on Saturday nite.  There was this guy on, and
the two questions he got right were on S Club 7 and Lulu, but the funny
thing was, you see, he was a METALLER and in a Mettalica tribute band, I
laughed, but then my life is short of simple pleasures.

I must say, the L*ndon p*cnic seems to be being organised with a touch more
continental flair and elan this time.  No more hanging around outside tube
stations with the 16 year olds looking like we've all been stood up, oh no,
this time we have the relaxed sophistication of a proper grown up PUB,
although once we're in there whether we can actually be ARSED to walk up the
hill remains to be seen, especially if the weather continues like this, ie
PISHING down.

oh, Edinburgh, 18-23 August, me and the mrs will be visiting for the fringe,
anyone about?

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

Oh if anyone is really bored with their summer hols/job/life in general, my
mate's just sent me a pop quiz featuring 200 lyrics from 90s songs to be
identified, if anyone would like it, please mail me, GRATE fun...