Sinister: If you go down to the woods today...

clb112 clb112 at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 11 14:08:24 BST 2000

I went away for a few days and came back to 100 or so emails which I
couldn't be bothered to trawl through, so I deleted most of them, so
sorry if anyone wrote anything good.

I have nothing interesting to say, and am not sure why I'm writing at
all, but will carry on anyway !

UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES

Came across this random quote in the Uni. of Manchester/John Rylands
library the other day:

"You gave me my shoe-size in earth with bars around it"

There's  more of it - its part of a poem by Osip Mandelstam (and is
written on the top of a cabinet in the musical scores section if
anyone's going to be passing by).

DUKE ELLINGTON

Found an untitled tape with an weird-looking home-made sleeve in Oxfam,
and got it cos it was only a few pence, and its got Duke Ellington on
it, which is quite good (except for the "If you go down to the woods
today..."/teddy-bear picnic track, which you just feel silly listening
to).

CONTENT

David White wrote:
> I think 'Chickfactor' is (goes away for 5 minutes to listen to it) pretty
> decent. I actually quite like it although I prefer The Simple Things (which
> is playing right this very minute).

I don't know why but I've always listened to TBWTAS programmed for
tracks 1, 2, 5, 8. But I realised the other day that "Ease your feet"
and "Simple Things" are f***ing excellent (I like the Spanishy guitary
bits on "Ease", and the way he says "curl your toes").

That's it !

Lots of love

Caroline

xxx