Sinister: Jesus, won't he shut up?

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Jul 11 16:05:53 BST 2000

First of all, crush+ carsmilesteve for suggesting you all let The Floyd
(ESPECIALLY those of you who call them The Floyd, or even Floyd) crawl back
up whichever bloated saggy rock arsehole they have temporarily been freed
from. I know that, particularly among the older listees, we all have some
tastes best left unshared - my passion for Kate Bush, for example, which,
despite me mentioning it about 2 dozen times on this very list, has never
created the kind of Bush thread I had been hoping for. But Christ, Pink
Floyd. Leave it. I said, leave it...

Rob and Tim's Stereolab discussion was revealing - I find it hard to
understand how someone who things Peng! is god's gift can even appreciate
some of the later rubbish they've come up with. I've finally come to realise
that my trooping to the shop on the day a new 'lab album is released is just
stupid - they left the love behind a long time ago. It's not real. It's bad
pop. Just listen to "Lo Boob Oscillator", which I think was the last
postcard-perfect thing they ever did (it's on the High Fidelity soundtrack),
and then a random track off any of the last three or four LPs, and tell me
which is more magical.

Inventions. Two inventions which will be ubiquitous within the decade are
the jetpack (it's just so obvious. How can it not become the biggest thing
ever?) and the toilet-in-every-room. The latter one's a problem, for many
reasons, but we can do such marvellous things with tubes nowadays. How many
working minutes are lost each day through having to trundle off to the loo?
Lots I bet. Concentration is lost, focus is dissolved, and the opportunity
for idle chatter with some of the less dedicated members of staff can eat
into productivity like nobody's business. So I reckon that soon we'll just
come in to work, wire ourselves up via in-built tubes, and not have to move
for hours. The same could also happen with food and drink, as long as the
pipes didn't get muddled up, of course.

Picnic. It'll be fucking ace. Be there, or like Floyd.

Mark xxx

p.s. guess which dickhead just sent this to missprint.com?

HIT Entertainment PLC
5th Floor, Maple House
141-150 Tottenham Court Road
LONDON, W1P 9LL
Tel: +44 (20)7 554 2500
Fax: +44 (20)7 388 9321

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 020 7224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org