Sinister: it's safer not to look around

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Wed Jul 12 03:50:19 BST 2000

hello sinful ones.

i recently became employed by a newspaper.  last week, belle &
sebastian graced the cover of the arts section.  a big huge photo
of isobel in legalgirl gear.  mm mm mmm!  anyway, despite the fact
that the article said the same thing that all other articles these
days say about the band, and despite the fact that the columnist
referred to stevie as the drummer, it was a highly favorable
article.

since moving to a city, i now have the privilege of using public
transportation every day.  and i gotta say, it hasn't lost its
luster yet.  it is especially nice with struan's voice all soft
yet magnified in my ears to block out the sounds of the people
around me.  unfortunately it often also blocks out the sound of
the train operator muttering something like, "this train will only
stop at such-and-such location" etc etc.  anyway, so i of course
am loving "there's too much love"... and because i like to
transpose my own interpretations onto the works of others, i've
decided that this could be a good coming-out song.  "you say i've
got another face... [blah blah blah] i am the same as you," "it's
safer not to look around," "i can't hide my feelings anymore,"
"and when it comes to blows (heh heh, no not like you're thinking
you dirty dirty kids) when i am numbering my foes, i just hope
that you are on my side my dear..."  yeah?  is this making sense
to anyone?  yo, queer listees, help a sista out here.  this ain't
too far fetched is it?

mark c., if martin mutters anything about some embarrassing
comments i made on #sinister the other night, i have no idea what
he's talking about.

mick mcmick said:
> "Always wear your B&S shirts. You never know who you might >
meet... but hopefully they will all be over the age of 18."

and i agree on the first point.  when i wore my stow shirt at the
wine shop where i also work, i got many a compliment and a knowing
glance.  and twice now i've had someone comment on the magnetic
fields when i was playing them.  and a nice boy commented on the
dressy bessy i was playing last weekend.  mmm.  but on the second
point:  who cares if they're 18??  i likes 'em young and dumb.
small, so when they try to run away i can tackle them.  you know
what i'm sayin'?  anyone?  anyone?  right, now i sound like mick
mcmick and his children/zippers.  speaking of mc, marybeth said,

>"any Inbreds fans out there?"

sorry, poor west virginia humor.

i've heard one 'floyd song: comfortably numb.  i performed in an
uncomfortably long and alienating modern dance piece to it.

oh god this post it crap.

if i ever met magda i'd get her drunk.

right right.  one more thing: mandatory props and shout-outs to
julie who's all alone in the big city, and kimmy who's all alone
in a corporate world where they don't allow platform shoes (isn't
that, like, unfair working conditions??), and will porter, who was
sad the other day.

and honeyita, who's been MIA.

xoxo,
ree