Sinister: PROG ROCK, MY ARSE!

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 12 15:40:21 BST 2000

I'm always pretending to be Canadian, but no one's fallen for it yet.

The Floyd, eh?  This is my favourite thread for some time and so long, although
I suppose much of my enjoyment is at poor old Knightowl's expense.  Maybe I'm in
the luxurious position of having never felt persecuted for my musical tastes,
but I think unswerving narrow-minded contempt for certain artists is really
quite funny.  Obviously he doesn't.  And I apologise to Steve Kado if I implied
that his antipathy was as poorly grounded as my own.  Any chance of everyone
referring to them as FLOYD at all times?  I think that might help.  It did
wonders for 1970s WHO.  Whatever happened to all the Sinister rockists?  Do even
they draw the line at FLOYD?

David Moore implicitly chasitises us again for not caring enough about genuwhine
band news.  I hereby serve notice of my intention to consume no solids until
such time as the band announce UK tour dates again.  Or at least some wacky
jamboree in an unlikely location.   I'll settle for a swiftly recorded new
record though.  What *are* they up to this year?  Can anyone tell us?

'Fact' spot:

Jes, the title you're after is,  you'll be surprised to hear, 'Landslide'.  No,
it's not a cover, no matter what people might tell you.

Yes, it is *the* Church Hall that Stuart and Richard are getting kicked out of.

In answer to someone, people have remarked on the Left Banke's influence.  The
band played a cover of 'I've Got Something On My Mind' at the Manchester Town
Hall in December 1998.  They said 'Does anyone know who that was by?' afterwards
and we all failed or else were too shy to pipe up.   Me, I'd never heard of them
but now I'm their biggest fan because I do anything the band say and if they
told me to jump off a cliff or buy 'Ummagumma' I probably would.   I might draw
the line at 'Standing On The Shoulders Of Giant' though, which I believe Stevie
recommended.

Nick xx