Sinister: Sixty-seven reasons to eat breakfast

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Wed Jul 12 17:11:02 BST 2000

Hello Sinisterines,
	If anyone can cleverly find all sixty-seven reasons to eat
breakfast within this post, I'll give you a lollipop. What I've
actually done is written out sixty-seven reasons, then taken all the
letters and formed this post with them. So it's sort of like a giant
word jumble. Good luck.
	Someone mentioned the Field Mice...hm...difficult. I mean,
it's easy enough to say they're one of the most fantastic bands ever,
and lots of B&S fans like them. But whether you should buy a 2xCD set
just because we like it...dunno. Why don't you buy Her Handwriting by
Trembling Blue Stars, because it's the same main fellow from the
Field Mice, and it's one of the best albums ever. Also, it's cheaper
than 2xCDs. If you like it, THEN buy Where'd You Learn to Kiss That
Way. Plus the title is from a Go-Betweens song, and it doesn't get
much better than that.
	But uh, as one of the biggest Field Mice/Robert Wratten
obsessives, I'm 99% certain that 14 Iced Bears were in no way related
to he Field Mice. Other than the fact that each put out a record on
Sarah Records. In the meantime, ex-listee Magnetic Megan is hard at
work assembling binhex colors, templates and other webpagey things
for her webzine, which will include an ancient mail interview with
Robert Wratten conducted by yours truly. If you're curious about some
obscure details, and whether or not he likes Belle & Sebastian. I'll
mention when it's up, if Megan is still ex-list.
	Actually, I don't think Judy Is a Dickslap is Belle &
Sebastian's Stereolab knockoff. That would be Sleep the Clock Around,
when they play it fast enough (i.e. not on the album, but on the
session), which I am very fond of. Personally I have an inverse
reaction to Stereolab material as compared with Mr. Mark Casarotto.
In other words, I love the past few albums, and I think Peng! could
be summed up by the phrase 'bweep bweep bweep blooooooop (repeat ad
in finitum).' But McCarthy were fantastic...
	I don't think I've ever been to Wellesly, sorry to disappoint
everyone. Is it in Kentucky? A friend of mine from Kentucky said all
the little towns there had a festival of some sort or another in
celebration of a food or food product. Apple Butter Festival, Green
Beans Bonanza, etc. And yes, Ree, before you ask, I do wear
shoes...although I don't have any on right now...hey, I'm still in my
pajamas! Yes, so obviously I should go take a shower, so goodbye for
now.

--
Brian Pennington, aka Mick McMick | cellophanesky at mac.com | ICQ# 39021436
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>