Sinister: Continental post and British weather

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Wed Jul 12 18:33:56 BST 2000

Hello fellow listees,

My little brother (well he's almost 18) has arrived this week from France to
spend three weeks in London and improves his English. During his first night
he came into my room at some indecent hour and woke me up. I'll translate
the conversation for you, in case you are not fluent in French :)
Elena: "grmglmgrmwhat?"
Lil'bro: "Elena...I'm cold!"
E: "grlmlm...what? ...but I gave you a duvet!"
L: "yeah but it's fucking freezing in here!"
So as I am not that cruel I had to get up and gave him another duvet in
order to get back to sleep in peace. All this to illustrate my point: this
weather is properly indecent for July.

Carsmile said:
>I must say, the L*ndon p*cnic seems to be being organised with a touch
> >more continental flair and elan this time. No more hanging around
> >outside tube stations with the 16 year olds looking like we've all >been
>stood up, oh no, this time we have the relaxed sophistication of >a proper
>grown up PUB

Well, to be totally honest I'll have to admit that the pub idea was coming
from an English person (which sounds quite logical if you think about how
english is a pub). But thanks anyway, I feel full of continental elan now.
And Mr Casarotto was right, come on Saturday, "it'll be fucking ace".

Martin said:
>But I'll be doing a Euan at the London picnic on Saturday so you'll >have
>to catch me early

Which first made me laugh and then I felt sorry for the poor boy: he's about
to become a generic expression for "being drunk" and he doesn't even know it
yet. I didn't felt sorry for Martin though, but maybe I will on Saturday if
we leave him lying on the grass of the Hill almost unconscious. I am not
taking any responsabilities for that, and it is a statement.

Have a good week all
Love
Elena
PS: I didn't mention Pink Floyd, na na naaaaa