Sinister: island void/floyd monster

the original pixidustlady pixidustlady at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 12 20:54:09 BST 2000

hello.
4 digests to read thru,  aarrgghh

Mark Casarotto wrote:
>First of all, crush+ carsmilesteve for suggesting you all let The Floyd
>(ESPECIALLY those of you who call them The Floyd, or even Floyd) crawl
>back
>up whichever bloated saggy rock arsehole they have temporarily been freed
>from. I know that, particularly among the older listees, we all have some
>tastes best left unshared - my passion for Kate Bush, for example, which,
>despite me mentioning it about 2 dozen times on this very list, has never
>created the kind of Bush thread I had been hoping for. But Christ, Pink
>Floyd. Leave it. I said, leave it...
hey, I think Kate Bush is fantastic.  the question now is, will you accept
this comment from someone who likes Pink Floyd?

steven hewitt wrote:
>You turn your back for two minutes and look what happens, flipping Pink
>Floyd everywhere.  Now, I'm a reasonable man, most of the time, ask anyone,
>but i WILL NOT STAND for this kind of talk.  Pink Floyd are sad old hippies
>yer dad liked, they are not for the likes of us, we must point and laugh at
>their fans and, indeed, at them, should we get the chance.  Comfortably
>numb?? comfortably ARSE, more like.  Piper at the gates of dawn??  Piper at
>the gates of SHITE.  And they're responsible for bob geldof, and global
>warming and england being shite at football probably.
nice to see intelligent discussion at the forefront, i mean my goodness, we
wouldn't want to resort to mudslinging and vulgarities now would we?
thats why Ed the knightowl gets my vote with his contribution:
>I thought this sort of prejudiced narrow minded nonsense was frowned upon
>here? perhaps not.
>In any event, try not to talk through that "arse" of yours ok Stephen.
HEAR HEAR!

i begin to regret ever mentioning pink floyd - look at the monster it has
become.  honey will confine me to the nursery forever for starting
irrelevant discussion.
lets just admit it takes all sorts (although i hate liquorice) and get on
with something else.  mind you, 'atom heart mother' was f*ckin' ace......

life on the island is getting worse.  bad weather, bad boss, no money.
those of you lucky enough to be in the city should cherish proximity, i miss
it so much.  actual places to go, actual things to do, people who dont know
you (or the last 4 generations of  your family tree)
just want summer over.  is that blasphemey here?
does anyone understand?