Sinister: just say NO to YES.

chris lampinen chrislampinen at xxx.com
Thu Jul 13 10:07:14 BST 2000

OK. Mentioning Yes was SUCH a mean thing to do. I'm having flashbacks. The
scene: Pine Knob in Michigan. The situation: A poor boy tricked into seeing
aforementioned band perform by a 'friend.'

Here I was, a naive little boy wandering around in a b&s shirt, gawking at
the stoned bikers wandering around with women half their age and the
extremely old men on the stage. I thought 'well, I've never heard this band
before. Maybe they're good.' And then the vocalist spoke, his words a high
pitched, eerie squeel. I wanted to cry. And then...and then...he sang. It
was horrible. The bikers gently swayed. The animals took refuge. I slowly
tore at my face hoping the pain would distract me from the awful sounds
surrounding me. It didn't. Twenty minute songs that started nowhere and
ended in roughly the same spot after meandering around in a rather sloppy
circle were chained together almost seamlessly. Every brief refuge from the
horrible 'music' was ruined by Mr. Singer talking.

My friend asked me if I thought the band sucked.
I said 'Yes.'
Bad pun, but true.

I'm sorry. I hate to be so negative..but it was just such a horrible show.
It hurts to be reminded of. But maybe talking about it will help a bit.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will ride my bicycle to the park. I will swing
while listening to b&s. I will be watched by the policemen. I WILL overcome
my Yes experience. I think I can I think I can I think I can..

With as much love as a mind tainted by seeing Yes live can offer,

christiaan