Sinister: Til the rain dies down

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Thu Jul 13 11:00:52 BST 2000

I love a good off-topic discussion and this Pink Floyd business is brilliant.  I particularly
enjoy the really earnest posts.  You lot are fab, you know that?  Why are Pink Floyd pink?  It's a
bit of a girlie-puff colour to choose, isn't it?  Pink Floyd played at one of my Dad's college
dances, but I think they were called The Pink Floyd then.  So did The Who, but that was in the
sixties, so there was NO SEEKER!!!!  Of course, he's still gutted he never got to see them perform
such a classic and even more gutted that he never witnessed Rog flailing the lengthy fringing of
his jacket about the stage in a cowboy styleee.  I've got a picture of him doing that and he looks
just GRATE.  And why have we stopped saying GRATE?  Who was it who got annoyed every time somebody
wrote GRATE?  Are you annoyed now?  Ha!

I'm in a funny mood today.  It's probably because I haven't seen the sunshine for weeks and weeks
and London is looking positively murky today too.  In the interests of Sinisterines having
meet-ups in the next few days, I have again done a little research into the wevver (at
http://www.met-office.gov.uk) and have come up with the following:

Sheffield on Saturday - 17 degrees and a white cloud
London on Saturday - 19 degrees with a white cloud, a sun peeking out from behind it and a
raindrop
Barcelona today - 26 degrees with a great big sunshine.  You bastards.

Will somebody in Barcelona please take a picture of Peter Miller?  I'm dying to know what he looks
like.  I bet he's a fox.

Nick Dastoor laughs at books.  I laugh at boots.  Yellow boots.  But I really get in a lather when
every other woman on the train is reading a book with a pastel jacket and whacky lettering that's
about somebody called Jemima or Tiffany.  They always seem to have daisies on them as well.  I've
never read one of those books, but I can't stand them.  Much as I can't stand Pink Floyd, even
though I've never heard them.  Oops.

I've just had an email from the NME telling me there'll be no B&S dates for a year.  Goodness me,
they're on the ball.

Juicy Lucy