Sinister: A year wasting?

amazing grace . . . . jazzed_carpenter at xxx.com
Thu Jul 13 12:07:50 BST 2000

Hello folks,
ooh dear, I have just hit that point where the fact that I have a three
month summer holiday has lost all novelty and is instead becoming a bit of a
burden. I'd love to spend a summer wasting, but i just can't seem to make
the time pass pleasantly.

And now even the anticipation of a mad dash for B+S tickets seems to be
slipping away. That is if nme.com are to be trusted, although that seems a
mute point considering the fact that the nme massive have made it quite
obvious they hate both the band and their fans, and would no doubt find
claiming the band have given up on the idea of touring a humorous bit of
japery. Woh, a long sentance there, and not a very well structured one, dear
me, basic linguistic skills are fast leaving me.

Apart from that, my FYHCYWLAP album was stolen by a girl who quite obviously
was not going to appreciate it. ooh, maybe that's being snobby, and elitist,
something I try not to be, but she just threw her New Look beclothed body
and bleached ponytail all over me and than ran off with a pile of c.ds. So
now even lying around in the park has been denied me. hmmm, I guess the fact
that one of them was a Belle and Sebastian c.d is the only thing that saves
that from being completely off topic, but I have to have a grumble
somewhere.

Returning to the on topicness of this message, has there been an official
sinister announcement about the lack of tour that I have randomly deleted or
is it just nme talking out of their ever shit filled arses. I can understand
all that stuff about no more singles and the wrong girl video being just for
fun, but I had been hoping for a tour. Selfish little me. Still, the
Jeepster spokesman seems to think that unpredictability is the beauty of
Belle and Sebastian. Which is a sentiment I'm sure I would appreciate more
fully were I not bored out of my brains.

cheerio for now,
Grace

And she spent the rest of the day separating the bits from the marmalade,
or, if you prefer, the marmalade from the bits.
                                                 - Roger Hargreaves