Sinister: fake karaoke machines

nessa nessamalone at xxx.net
Thu Jul 13 18:29:26 BST 2000

b+s not touring or that kinda thing:
we just got an album and a single. And I'd definitely like to think that I'm
not slavish, but I'm sated for now. 2001 isn't that far away. Only abotu 7
months. And 7 months before may everyone was already speculating about new
albums. So relax.

Pink Floyd: I share the same opinions as Lucy. I hate books w/ covers w/
daisies on them about women w/ fluffy names despite never having read one
either. And I hate Pink Floyd w/o ever really having heard them too. I know
they're not my kind of thing, and those masks they had on the walls of big
chain record shops when they rereleased the Wall live or whatever it was
last year. And a year or two ago I was in English and ended up sitting next
to a Q reader who was shouting to her friend across the classroom and was
singing 'another brick in the wall' to her and trying to get her to
recognise it. She said something like 'even she would recognise it',
referring to me and what she percieved as my lack of knowledge about
'important' and 'seminal' songs like 'another brick in the wall'. She was
wrong, I didn't recognise it, but that was b/c I didn't care which was
obviously cooler in the long run. And thats how to make a lot of waffle out
of nothing.

daphne + celeste: Apparantly one of them is 21, into hip hop, and has never
heard her own album. Quelle surprise. Doesn't make them not great tho.

nessa