Sinister: help

the original pixidustlady pixidustlady at xxx.uk
Thu Jul 13 21:20:23 BST 2000

8:37pm (GMT)
shit shit shit.
confrontation and screaming.  im just so tired.  dont want to be here in
this awful awful atmosphere anymore.*  i should never have come home.

[  >Oh and my dad likes the Floyd therefore they're poo. ]
[
          ]
[                  Rob Brennan : I pity you.                             ]

i shall continue reading my digests until i find something else to comment
on

* this is not about the list, just me blowing off steam about my personal
life.  sorry

8:58pm (GMT)

Mick McMick wrote:
>Why don't you buy Her Handwriting by
>Trembling Blue Stars, because it's the same main fellow from the
>Field Mice, and it's one of the best albums ever.

i once heard a song by trembling blue stars on John Peel, and i absolutely
loved it.  since then, i've heard nothing more of them, and the experience
had faded from my memory, until mick mentioned the band.  thankyou for
bringing that back to the forefront of my mind, and giving me an album title
to hunt down in my local record shop.  it all came flooding back into my
mind in a torrent, and despite my outwardly motionless state, it was one of
the nicest things i've thought about today.
just goes to show me that things can get a little bit better just when you
least expect it.

----------------------------

peter miller said some nice things about the floyd, and made an imporatant
point about Syd:
>My view is that when Syd went away, he took all the
>personality with him. That's why later Floyd sounds dull, and also why so
>many people like it so much.
Syd Barret was amazing.  his solo stuff was mental.  i totally agree with you peter.

----------------------------

#M.P. said some good stuff about Syd Barrett too.  well said sir! ......i know what you mean.......

my mood has improved considerably whilst i hav
e read my digests.
thanks everyone, it will be a better night with no nightmares because of you
all.
i worry sometimes about how things can seem fine and then fall apart so
quickly.  the fragility of  'life and what you make of it'  becomes so
apparent and unavoidable, it's quite disheartening.  i try to make the best
of it, and enjoy myself at the same time, but in the end there is always
somebody somewhere waiting, with a few harsh words and negative
expectations, just waiting to smash everything you've worked so hard to
build up.  and it always happens, to me at least.
then all you're left with is a lingering sense of futility, because you've
come to realise that the world will never let you win.  those are the times
i hate myself.  i used to blame myself for the world and the way it treated
me.  then i found belle and sebastian.
its never that bad and we're never alone.  this is what b&s taught me.  this
is why you (the sinister collective) bring me comfort (without even
realising). everybody please take a bow, cos i'm applauding you all.
i feel comfortable enough now to reveal my name.
this is karen, saying thankyou and sweet dreams.......... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx